- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 c. spinach, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3-4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tbsp. oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the cheese and oil.
- With hands or wooden spoon mix ingredients.
- Split meat in to 5 servings and form into patties around 1 chunk of cheese.
- Heat oil in sauté pan on medium heat. Place burgers in pan and cook about 7-9 min. on each side or until no longer pink.
- Note: Could also bake in oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 min or until internal temp reaches at least 165 degrees.
- Serve on a bed of greens with a slice of avocado on top and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve on top of spaghetti squash with organic or homemade marinara sauce.